Dhaulagiri Circuit via French Pass
Dhaulagiri circuit is considered one of the greatest treks in Nepal that leads through the hidden valley into magnificent mountain scenery.
Dhaulagiri 8,167m is 7th highest mountain in the world, The Mountain’s name means dazzling, White Mountain, it was first climbed by the Swiss in 1960. The Dhaulagiri Circuit trek is challenging but pleasurable in the remote region of Nepal. Like all great journey, the trek reveals itself gradually walking through the hidden valley into magnificent mountain scenery of Dhaulagiri and Annapurnas with many over 7000m Himalayan peaks.
The crossing of the French pass would be tough for the day but the journey together via Italian base camp 3660m, glacier camp 4100m, Dhaulagiri base camp 4700m and all the way to French col & hidden valley. The pass itself unforgettable because of massive North Face of Dhaulagiri and over 7000m peaks having compared than others. The route to the pass is by way of a switchback trail that climbs up above the Chonbarden glacier and across moraine and scree to a moderate gradient slope that is most likely snow-covered.
If you have prior high altitude experience after the French col pass, the second option to climb Dhampus Peak (6,060 m), which is known as Thapa peak. It located between the Dhaulagiri range and Annapurna. If you would like to climb Dampus peak there is an extra cost to cover climbing permits and climbing charge. Then continues over the Dhampus Pass and descent to Jomsom, the gateway to Mustang. The crossing of two Himalayan passes over 5000m trek is one of challenging trek who is looking for an expedition-like experience, which takes you into the heart of some the highest mountains in the world. We have created the Dhaulagiri circuit itinerary very carefully with the proper acclimatize basis. Although, we organize this trek on a tailor-made private basis for groups of friends, families, clubs, or any other group.
• Dhaulagiri circuit is a long and tough trek; trekkers should have good physical conditions, as well as trekkers, need an essential of trekking gear/equipment.
• The optional climb is suitable for those who have previous basic mountaineering skill-the use of ice axes and crampons.
• Prior trekking experience is necessary for both high altitude treks & climb.
Note: Please contact us to discuss the itinerary and your preferred dates as well as the optional to climb Dampus peak.
01 Arrive in Kathmandu (1,400m) & transfer to hotel
02 Drive to Pokhara (890m)
03 Drive to Darbang (1,155m) via Beni
04 Trek to Muri (1,860m)
05 Trek to Boghara (2,050m)
06 Trek to Dobang (2,510m)
07 Trek to Sallaghari (2,820m)
08-09 Trek to Italian Base Camp (3,660m) & Acclimatization day
10-11 Trek to Glacier Camp (4,170m) & Acclimatization day
12 Trek to Dhaulagiri Base Camp (4,700m)
13 Cross the French col Pass (5,367m) into the hidden valley
14 Optional to climb Dampus peak (6,060m)
15 Trek to Yak Kharka via crossing Dampus pass (5,255m)
16 Trek to Jomsom (2,670m) or option to Marpha
17 Spare day
18 Fly to Pokhara
19 Leisure day in Pokhara
20 Drive back to Kathmandu
21 Depart from Kathmandu
Fixed Departure Dates
|Start / Finish||Availability||Days||Price||Book|
|16/09/2020 - 07/10/2020 Guide:||Space||21||$ 3,300|
- All transportation for pick up drop
- 2 Nights superior accommodation on a twin share basis in Kathmandu
- 3 Nights superior accommodation on a twin share basis in Pokhara
- All accommodation twin sharing basis during the trek
- All meals full board basis during the trek
- Trekking permit & entrance fees
- Jomson to pokhara flight & airport tax
- An experience trekking guide
- All road transport by private vehicles
- Porter on 2:1 basis
- All Nepali staff and porters insurance and wages
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- International flights to/from Nepal
- Lunch and dinner while in Kathmandu.
- Travel Insurance
- Personal equipments
- Personal nature expenses: Extra drinks and snacks, hot showers, laundry
- Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue)
- Tips for guide and porters
- Costs related with trip finishing early or you leaving trek early
- Additional nights in Kathmandu
|Best Season:||Octobe - November & May|
|Group Size:||Private Vehicle/ Flight|
|Accommodation:||Private Vehicle/ Flight|
Book with confidence